1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is love?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by marmot.morveux, Mar 13, 2011.

1. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

How do you know if you're falling for someone?

How does this compare to be obsessed with someone?

All thoughts appreciated!
    MM

2. marmot.morveux

How do you know if you're falling for someone?

How does this compare to be obsessed with someone?

All thoughts appreciated!
    MM

3. ...baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

Sorry, I couldn't resist that one!

4. Oh, PFF! I was going to post that!! Same wavelength! ;-)

5. Love is ... ... ...

For me ... contentment

6. Love is when we really p*ss each other off and within minutes we are perfectly ok again!

7. Only time will tell.

8. "To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then
    one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love
    is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be
    happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to
    be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much
    happiness. I hope you're getting this down."

- Woody Allen

9. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

I know I am in love because at this moment in time I cannot and do not want to imagine life without my boyfriend.

10. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Yup.
    It's what remains after all the lust, passion, crush.. whatever it is, passes.

11. In my experience love is thinking about someone a lot, missing them when they're not there, wanting to spend as much time together as possible and finding them incredibly attractive! And these feelings being very healthy and hopefully reciprocated. Obsession is very similar feelings but in a very unhealthy way - and most likely NOT reciprocated!! That's just my opinion!

12. marmot.morveux

Ok, here goes, this is when I sound like a stalker - haha! I feel like I was obsessed with my ex but not really in love, even though it felt like it at the time and it hurt when we broke up. My current relationship feels very different, more special....

Anyway, it's still early days...I just thought I'd like to know when I'm falling for them....

13. nomad

nomad Star commenter

You have increased levels of b-phenylethylamine norepinephrine in your bloodstream. This breaks down certain types of sugars which give the body a boost of energy - that sort of 'butterflies in your stomach' feeling is partly due to this active breakdown. As all of this is happening b-PEA norepinephrine binds to liver cells and signals a cascade that results in general good feelings.
    After that, dopamine, norepinephrine and seratonin take over and drive the 'long term' feelings of love that make you start building nests and reading MumsNet.

14. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

First thing that popped into my head too!
    [​IMG]

15. When you have been through thick and thin, even got divorced, but still care for one another...
    that was love.
    And when you are happy that the other is now happy without you - that was love.
    And when you know no matter what, that person is still there for you - that is love.

16. marmot.morveux

What ARE you all quoting?! It'd better not be dirty dancing!

17. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Well I tried but discovered the front of our house was too small, either that or the paintbrush was too big.

18. marmot.morveux

oh sh*t - I feel like that about my long term ex with whom I'm still in contact [​IMG]

19. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

20. marmot.morveux

Ohhhhhhhhh, you're ALL old gits like me - ha ha ha!