1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is expected of me?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by foziashafique, Aug 20, 2012.

1. I've been told by my head of subject that I do not need to create all those lesson plans that I did for my PGCE year, however I have heard other NQT's going to different schools that they are doing them. Am I suposed to be keeping files of lesson plans?

2. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

It depends on the school or LA, there is not set way for evidence to be collected (mine consisted solely of the NQT reviews conducted by members of staff at the end of each induction period).
    Make sure you find out what you need to collect, if anything, but if you're told you don't need lesson plans...don't waste time making them (observations excepted).

3. I've just completed my NQT year and I was a bit worried about not doing lesson plans to begin with but I was told there was no need. As I use PowerPoints for most lessons I have kept a record of outcomes and objectives for each lesson but that's all. I now only do lesson plans for observations. I would keep a record of objectives just in case someone asks what you've been covering.