1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is covered under copyright?

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by dixonh, Aug 16, 2018.

1. dixonh

dixonh New commenter

Hello everyone!

I am a music teacher and have created some PowerPoints, resources and schemes (from scratch obviously) and would like to sell them on TES. To support the learning I have included the following:
    - Lyrics and chords to songs
    - Lead sheets for students
    - Links to music on YouTube
    - Embedded videos on the PowerPoint to test listening skills

Is this allowed? I am confused as I don’t want to get into any trouble but also I don’t see how I could sell resources without any reference to the music students are learning. That got me thinking perhaps that’s why there are so few useful music resources on TES.

Thanks

VTarantino likes this.
  2. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

Links to Youtube are fine, but i'm sorry i'm not sure about the rest

3. haltest

haltest New commenter

- Lyrics and chords to songs - lyrics will be copyright but the chords should be ok
    - Lead sheets for students - not sure what this is
    - Links to music on YouTube - this is ok
    - Embedded videos on the PowerPoint to test listening skills - if you created the videos (and all the content in them) then that will be ok but not if you have embedded videos belonging to other people

4. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Oh, and my poetry, although musicians are welcome to contact me as I've had some of my poems for younger children put to music - - - and for older ones? Well, one has had music for organ and choir written and performed for it and one (absolutely hilarious actually) went into an operatic work in Los Angeles. People do this and I'm pleased they do, but they always ask permission. One of my poems was made into an animated film by students at Bradford University, asking permission first. I'd love to hear from you and join our skills together.

Krazikas likes this.