1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is below average point score?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by char2505, May 10, 2011.

1. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Hi, quick question to help me with analysis. Is it accurate to say that a FSP in any area of 5 or below on entry to Y1 is below average? Many thanks.

2. hello :eek:) yes that's what I understand to be the case. 6 is average, 5 and below is below average, 7-8 is exceeding, and 9 is g&t.

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

From the NAHT
    It is therefore not enough to say that the acquisition of 6 scale points is indicative as an acceptable basis for the next stage; it depends upon the particular scale points achieved.

4. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Thanks for your help.

5. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

I don't think it's accurate to say that 6 is average. 6 is the expected level of achievement for a child at the end of EYFS. If 6 were the average, you would expect a spread of scores around 6, whereas for most children you would look for at least 6 or 78+.

6. oh okay, sorry. That's just what I had been told by various people! EYFS is so confusing.... :eek:)