1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is a school group number

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by zcsaa44, May 1, 2012.

1. zcsaa44

zcsaa44 New commenter

What is a school group number? I have an application asking for one. Is it the schools unique reference number or the number of students on role?

2. zcsaa44

zcsaa44 New commenter

What is a school group number? I have an application asking for one. Is it the schools unique reference number or the number of students on role?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Could be the number of pupils on roll- we used to have to put this on our LA applications.
    But could also be the unique number to a school for a variety of purposes e g I believe each school has a unique number for Ofsted, for examination purposes etc.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Is this a SLT post?
    Usually Group Number refers to the calculation of salary points for SLT salaries. So a Group 1 school can give a lower range - and thus lower salaries - than a Group 5. The group is calculated on the number of pupils in different Key Stages, so a large Skxth Form pays bonuses!
    Posted from my Galaxy Tab

5. zcsaa44

zcsaa44 New commenter

It is not for a leadership position. Asks for the number of students on role elsewhere. I think it must be the unique reference number