1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What if...

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Limmer, May 5, 2011.

1. Hi James and everyone else who was brill when i last got into the sticky stuff back in March.

Since the beginning of the last half term where i did have a number of dodgy lesson obs things did pick up towards the end with around 3 of them that were really good and a lot better. I still failed to show adequate progress in the lesson in terms of levels but the structure/classroom confidence and afl was all a lot better.

unfortunately less than two weeks into this term and I've already had two bad observations. I had cherry picked those lessons as ones where i felt i could show off my strengths but they didnt go to plan and i cant say im looking forward to the feedback from todays as my behaviour management was pants. Not helped by certain kids being at their worst and the fact my confidence was knocked after yesterday.

My point is given that i only have a degree in science education (and not a particularly strong one at that) what options in terms of careers etc are there should this not work out. I do adore the job and love working with kids but if it's not meant to be realistically what could i do i do fail.

The first thing i would consider is to go back and complete my Open university degree that I started between completing my a levels and doing my degree. But what areas of work would i be best to look into.

Thanks for any help and for listening :)

Chris

2. Hi James and everyone else who was brill when i last got into the sticky stuff back in March.

Since the beginning of the last half term where i did have a number of dodgy lesson obs things did pick up towards the end with around 3 of them that were really good and a lot better. I still failed to show adequate progress in the lesson in terms of levels but the structure/classroom confidence and afl was all a lot better.

unfortunately less than two weeks into this term and I've already had two bad observations. I had cherry picked those lessons as ones where i felt i could show off my strengths but they didnt go to plan and i cant say im looking forward to the feedback from todays as my behaviour management was pants. Not helped by certain kids being at their worst and the fact my confidence was knocked after yesterday.

My point is given that i only have a degree in science education (and not a particularly strong one at that) what options in terms of careers etc are there should this not work out. I do adore the job and love working with kids but if it's not meant to be realistically what could i do i do fail.

The first thing i would consider is to go back and complete my Open university degree that I started between completing my a levels and doing my degree. But what areas of work would i be best to look into.

Thanks for any help and for listening :)

Chris