1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What haven't you done for ages that you miss?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by coffeekid, Aug 12, 2020.

1. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I've been out of the painting studio for weeks (for a variety of reasons mainly house renovations) and I'm feeling **** about it. Also, lockdown has changed my routine, so there are other things I haven't done for months that I'm fretting over, for example, Cake Friday - a thing I do with my daughter on Fridays after school. We go to a local bistro after school on Fridays where she has cake and I have wine. The staff know us and it's lovely. Not done that since March though.

You?

vannie likes this.
  2. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Star commenter

I've not been shopping just to browse, or for anything other than food and essentials. It's not that I'm a big shopper but I usually go to a local outlet with my sister every so often, and we have coffee and get some bargains.

Me and my sisters went for a walk together a couple of weeks ago. I don't think we've ever done that before!

3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I was wondering; you were on here much more frequently than when you were tied up in your garret.

vannie, sunshineneeded and coffeekid like this.
  4. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I haven't been getting oiled so that I can shout foul abuse at rugby rivals.

silkywave, Bentley51, vannie and 3 others like this.
  5. Caramel2308

Caramel2308 Occasional commenter

I've not got together with my siblings and not visited a beach. However, I have found new walks around my local area (semi-rural) and spent more time with my children (young adults).

vannie, coffeekid and needabreak like this.
  6. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Danced the night away at a function, party or club... Ah wait did you mean months, years or decades? ;)

Ellakits, nizebaby, vannie and 4 others like this.
  7. needabreak

Bet they're pleased.

racroesus and coffeekid like this.
  8. needabreak

Doing more for free then without temptation?

Doitforfree likes this.
  9. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Playing with my windband and orchestra. No chance of rehearsals resuming any time soon.

needabreak and coffeekid like this.
  10. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

I'm the same, @Doitforfree. I love an occasional browse round the shops, usually with my daughter - maybe with a particular plan in mind, like a new coat, boots or outfit for a special occasion - or maybe just 'because'. We don't do it now; there's no pleasure when you have to wear a mask, and we certainly don't need a new outfit for an important social event! Really miss it, and the lunch or afternoon tea we would enjoy.
    But we do go for many more walks together now, which I'm sure is healthier for our bodies and our finances!

coffeekid likes this.
  11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Been to a football match

WolfPaul, LiamD, Bentley51 and 3 others like this.
  12. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Haven’t done any knitting or crochet for months. I usually do cross stitch in the summer months, but I can’t because I can’t see well enough until I get the cataracts done. If that ever happens.

Haven’t browsed shops or bought clothes or make up online.

Haven’t had a coffee, a snack p, a meal or a drink out and haven’t had a takeaway since January.

Haven’t done any exercise classes and met up with those friends, but they have been online.

We had a voucher for afternoon tea. That hasn’t happened.

coffeekid likes this.
  13. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Sat with my brother and old school friend watching live Rugby on TV whilst catching up, talking c-r@-p and drinking beer.
    We used to do it at least once every couple of weeks. Not since March.

vannie and coffeekid like this.
  14. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Haven't thrown myself around at the front of a gig. I really really miss that.

15. siege

siege New commenter

Proper teaching of my own classes in my own classroom, with real resources which I could distribute.
    Teams lessons were okay - but not the same; and our three weeks back were spent in bubbles in unfamiliar rooms

16. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Been out for a pub meal with friends.
    But remedying that tomorrow!

And going to watch Chelsea play at the Bridge, of course!

vannie, needabreak and coffeekid like this.
  17. Corvuscorax20

Corvuscorax20 Senior commenter

Stood in front of a class - and I know I soon will, but it won't be natural or without fear

marked an exercise book- I never appreciated being able to stand by and actual student and actually look at their actual work

jumped on a crowded bus

brunch with friends

gone to church

seen family- still got a stack of Christmas presents in the corner of my room, undistributed.

organised sport

Taken my God children for a day out.

Alice K, vannie and coffeekid like this.
  18. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

Comb my hair. :(

Nanny Ogg, vannie and coffeekid like this.
  19. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Football training.

But we're back on tomorrow night!

vannie and coffeekid like this.
  20. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Mooch around a big antiques fair.

magic surf bus, vannie and coffeekid like this.