1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What have you done today?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by deleted680, Mar 29, 2010.

1. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Well it wasn't completely the wrong position if you haven't broken anything! Wishing you a quick recovery.
    That must have been scary.

2. Funnily enough, I wasn't scared until I was on my way to hospital. Thank you for the well wishes. [​IMG]

3. So far today all I have done is drink an entire pot of tea and read a magazine. I really should get some jobs done!

4. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

put the bunting up on the front of the house (for the wedding).

5. Are you getting married?

6. lrw22

lrw22 Established commenter

Been for a run. Now slobbing around drinking tea. Considering getting some work done this afternoon to prepare for school on Tuesday. Don't want to spend the bank holiday weekend doing it all.

7. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Nay t'is an English country custom when the heir squared gets hitched.

8. Got up early. Fed cat, made tea, went back to bed to do a crossword puzzle. Fell asleep before I completed it.
    Got up again at 9.45am, made tea, drank tea, ate bran flakes, watched a bit of TV. Showered. Dressed. Hung out washing I did last night. Spoke on phone with friend re arrangements for royal wedding day, unloaded dishwasher, sat at computer and that's my lot so far.
    It's a gorgeous day again so I am going out into the garden to get some fresh air this afternoon.

9. jumad

jumad New commenter

Got up early, woken up by middle child coming home from night out. Went for blood test - oh the excitement.
    Trying to do some work but pigging printer's packed up on me - must be an omen to leave work and go out and enjoy the sun.

10. Sleeping pill wore off around 11am so watched new eposide of Glee online
    Had a shower and got dressed and sat on my bed workingup the courage to go to the supermarket.
    Eventually got to the supermarket and brought more then I needed (as per usual) but paid using Cheque Repas so not really in money.
    Came home put groceries away and have been catching up on Vampire Diaries ever since.

11. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I awoke to find the skip I had ordered for 9.30 am waiting outside my house at 7.30 am. "sorry I'm early love" he said as I dashed out in my pjs to move my car ( barefoot driving is quite tricky) took sprogs to mums, spent a fortune on diesel and have spent all day emptying the contents of the garage onto my drive and front lawn and sorting the into "***? Skip it" "car boot" and " ooh I'd forgotten I had that" piles. Advertised some stuff on the net, arranged to carboot on Saturday with my mates. Spent a good hour going through old photos and vowing to put them in an album one day. Had a visit from a couple of friends, a visit from my cousin's son who wants some of the stuff I'm getting rid of, just sat down for the first time and now I'm contemplating starting on the back garden. Can I go back to work for a rest please?

12. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Watched Corrie omnibus. Faffed about on TES. Went to the supermarket. Walked the dog.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Went to cardiac rehab where I demonstrated my lack of coordination and sweated a lot.
    Made potato and leek soup (from scratch!) then peeled more potatoes for dinner.
    Read a book.
    That's about it, really.
    We'll go for a walk in the park after dinner since it's a lovely day.

14. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

took wife to train at 7.30 no i havent got rid off her,,she is off out..horray)
    emeptied car and laoded in mower and have been on allotment till 3,Order material for jobm pick up some bits from tesco and then home to cook tea,
    was intending to go for long ride on schooter but couldnt find anyone to visit......stil the allotment is looking better lol

15. 1) Attended interview, was offered job, accepted job.
    2) Spent the rest of the evening watching Game of Thrones DVDs and drinking wine by way of celebration.