1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What have you done today?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by deleted680, Mar 29, 2010.

1. First day of the Easter Holidays here and I think I've been quite productive. I have:
    • filled in holes in the walls where my radiators used to be;
    • put together a flat pack shoe rack;
    • taken an old cat activity centre to the recycling centre (which is a scary place with odd men);
    • stripped some wall paper;
    • scrubbed out both wheelie bins;
    • taken the dog to the vet.
    Yet a still have a vague feeling that I somehow haven't done enough.

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I've gloriously done nothing at all,apart from sleeping,watching tv and posting on here. Just as well that I don't do guilt!

3. We don't break up until Thursday so I worked today.

4. I have worked today - I dont break up until thursday either but it has still been a good day - I have interviewed and appointed someone fab for my dept so feeling good :)

5. I made it out of the house - an achievement! Off sick after fairly hefty surgery, so had to lie down as soon as i got back home again. and just about ready for bed now too.

6. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

been moderated, went back to school and spent ppa sorting out the stock cupboard mess (i know that's not my job but it has to do with a complicated set of events and has to be done so that other stuff can happen!)
    i chucked some stuff and felt loads better.

7. Ah, I do guilt with extra helpings. I'm not even Catholic or Presbyterian, but I feel guilty for even breathing most days.
    Tomorrow I'm going to put lining paper over the holes I filled in, attempt to give the dog the medication he got today and strip some more wallpaper. Then mark some essays. I still feel like I should be doing more though.

8. First day of the hols for me and I have:
    • walked the dogs
    • agreed to go into school on thursday and conduct interviews
    • bought a dress which is too small so I WILL slim into it in 6 weeks time
    • Cooked a healthy dinner of low fat sausages, red cabbage, courgette and butternut squash
    • Spoke to friends and family on the phone
    • arranged my social life for the rest of the holiday!
    Phew I am worn out!

9. I've been in work all day and then some :(

Only remembered this morning that I'd promised an A2 class I'd stay behind after school to help with any problems, so I didn't get in until 5:30pm. Lovely!

Oh well, 3 days left!! :)

10. Now the cat is limping so I can add another visit to the vet onto tomorrow's list of things to do.

11. Lost my year 8 class. Found them. Took sick son home. Duty in the rain. Stood outside a locked classroom for a cover lesson while caretakers didn't come with a key (whole lesson). Took son to doctors. Marked work.
    2 more days to go.

12. A little bit of cleaning, too much time on here and ebay, a alittle tele, a nice soak in the bath, then working 4 till 8.
    Back home for more tele, more time on here but not going anywhere near ebay, it costs too much.

13. Everyone has been so productive!

I'm on first day of the hols and I'm already 3 days behind on my work timetable! I was meant to have started on Saturday but got a bit engrossed in the relaxing.

14. Equal amounts of stripping and nagging! Bloody woodchip paper should be banned. And so should teenage boys. Grumble, grumble, grumble....

15. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Tested and marked 2 food hygiene exams, demmed scones, taught biscuits, then had to clear up after lazy year 7's.

On the bright side, chatting with one of my lovely former EFL students.

16. Accepted delivery of shepherds pie and easter eggs from my mother (i can make my own, she just likes to feel needed!), fussed cats, sorted some washing out, made some birthday cards (after spending ridiculous amounts at hobbycraft yesterday), did some chat magazine puzzles, cooked dinner, had sex, ate doritos sitting on the sofa on TES forums.

17. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Got up at stupid o'clock.
    Driven an hour to school.
    Felt like sh1te.
    Taught (or rather struggled through) 4 lessons.
    Phoned GP during PPA.
    Left early to go to GP.
    Collected prescription for antibiotics and inhalers.
    Collected daughter.
    Driven an hour home.
    Cooked supper.
    Taken antibiotics.
    Going to bed!

18. LOL @ impulce.
    I like the way you nonchalantly slipped in the "had sex" there!

19. Took kids to the dentist.
    Neglected to make appointment for self at said dentist.
    Spent fortune on clothes for kids.
    Bought hairdye for myself.
    Greggs for lunch.
    Browsed internet.
    Found house I wanted to view.
    Viewed house. Spoke to my mother. Again.
    Sorted washing.
    Spoke to husband who is on train home from London.
    Didn't have sex.
    Watched University Challenge - that Guttenplan chap is abnormally brainy.
    Fed kids.
    Opened the Sauvignon Blanc. Aaaaahhhh - holidays....

20. Went to work. Came home. Cut allegedly miniature conifer down in rain. Made dinner. Cleaned up after it. Ironed massive basket of washing.
    Does the excitement never end?