1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What has been your favourite moment this year?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Coffeeandcake1, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Mine was the day that a child hid behind the curtains so that he could jump out and surprise me, then promptly fell deeply asleep. We had half the school looking for him!
    I also loved the time that a (rather absent minded) boy went out to play in only his pants and trainers...in FEBRUARY! When I asked him if he had forgotten something he looked completely confused by the question!
    This has been my first year in Early Years (Reception) and I have honestly never laughed so much in my life!

2. Mine was the day that a child hid behind the curtains so that he could jump out and surprise me, then promptly fell deeply asleep. We had half the school looking for him!
    I also loved the time that a (rather absent minded) boy went out to play in only his pants and trainers...in FEBRUARY! When I asked him if he had forgotten something he looked completely confused by the question!
    This has been my first year in Early Years (Reception) and I have honestly never laughed so much in my life!

3. This is my first year in Nursery (my five years have been in Reception).
    We did our own Olympic torch relay a few weeks ago - I made it into a video to show the children; they are so proud of it that within seconds of a visitor walking into our classroom the children ask if we can show Mr/Mrs x 'our video'. It is also funny to watch their reaction when we have our Olympic music in the background - if they hear the song that plays in the background of their video, the children instantly freeze and look around to check if I have been sneaky and put the video on again!!!
    Another moment was when two of my girls got covered in the margarine that was on their toast - they found their "margarine moustaches" so funny that they refused to wash it off for about ten minutes!