1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What Hardware for nationals video unit please?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by benrothwell, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Filming there own video is a "nice idea" - we tried it, but what you end up with is a whole lot of very unprofessional looking video - shakey hands, crazy zooms, massive and very quick pans etc.

What I have stuck to this year (and made my Unit 23 Nationals work so much easier to manage) was a bank of Theme Park footage for a raft of different theme parks in the UK, Europe and the USA and used this to slice together adverts for a Theme Park.

Kids loved it, it was easy to storyboard, easy to edit and looked professional.

2. Sounds a great idea. But I really want to get them doing things. A promotional video for the school that they have done, or something that they might find interesting. But I take on board about zoom etc. I only have the kodak sport pocket cameras so few effects on the camera.

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

Ditto - 350 in a cohort. Most tend to do "local cinema" type adverts - still photos and edit them together into a montage. Had some good stop-frame animation this year too.