1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What happens when...

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by DaisysLot, May 17, 2011.

1. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Yes.
    This is just your opinion.... I can't see a question to answer here.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

If parents were genuinely unhappy they would take their children elsewhere.

Perhaps it just isn't the school for you?

3. Tests can be used as afl.

4. I don't know anything about governance in international schools or private schools. Does this school have a governing body or something similar? If so, then they hire and therefore can fire the head.
    In an ordinary state primary school there would be one of two likely outcomes 1) SATs results are good in which case the head will continue in post and be praised by OFSTED and LEA 2) SATs results are poor in which case the head will be under huge pressure from LEA, likelihood of failing OFSTED and have a real battle to keep their job.
    Do you mind me asking what your link is to this school - I'm assuming you are either a teacher or a parent. If you teach at this school I'd look for a job at a different one which would be better suited to your teaching style. If you are a parent then I would complain to those that run the school but I'd also withdraw my child(ren) and write a letter to them (not to the head) explaining why.