1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What happens next?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by OpalGold30, Dec 14, 2017.

1. OpalGold30

OpalGold30 New commenter

I was suspended from my current role (TA) pending investigation. I wasn't initially honest with SLT and then did own up to the incident the following day, when asked to give an official statement, following investigations and questions, I have to attend a formal disciplinary hearing for "possible gross misconduct" with 3 separate allegations. Two of which I have admitted to, the third and final one being a load of tosh, which sadly, seems to be the main focus in the written documents I have been sent. I'm painted to be something I am not for making an admittedly stupid mistake. I have not been with a union long enough for them to offer me any sort of representation at the hearing, I am in a terrible state. Obviously I have scoured google for possible outcomes of this hearing, none of which have left me filled with any sort of confidence or positivity. Basically, what I am looking for is a light at the end of the tunnel. When this is all over and I am either sacked or suggested to resign, is there any lieklihood of me being employed in education again? I wouldn't know where to begin looking at different jobs at the moment, I am a good member of staff and have worked at my current school for 5 years, with no previous negative incidents. I just don't know what to do.

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

No-one can realy offer an opinion without knowing something about the nature of the incidents.

nomad, Lara mfl 05 and pepper5 like this.
  3. galerider123

galerider123 Lead commenter

And I don't think that you should post them publicly on here. You should have received the disciplinary procedure from the school, which should outline what support you can have at the meeting.

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Sorry but your questions simply can't be answered on a public forum. We know nothing about what is alleged to have happened (and don't post it on here).

If you haven't already looked at it read the ACAS guidance on disciplinary hearings here and the TUC here

Even if your union won't help because you have recently joined its website might have guidance.

Get the school's Disciplinary Procedure and read it. Even if you have no union representative you can be accompanied by a work colleague.

5. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Call the Education Support Partnership as well since they may have some advice.

Anonymouse4, nomad, Deirds and 3 others like this.
  6. jago123

jago123 Established commenter

We don’t know the full situation so are not in the position to give proper advice. It all depends on how serious the offence is though and the fact that you haven’t been honest all the way through doesn’t look good for you I’m afraid.

nomad and Pomza like this.