1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What happens if...

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by LeanneO, Jan 24, 2012.

1. I am currently finishing my degree and applying for teaching jobs for september 2012. I was wondering, if I happen to be offerered a job now and accept, what happens if I fail my degree?

2. I am currently finishing my degree and applying for teaching jobs for september 2012. I was wondering, if I happen to be offerered a job now and accept, what happens if I fail my degree?

3. Any job offer would be conditional on you gaining your degree and QTS if you fail either then thejob offer would be revoked. I'm sure that your tutors will be monitoring your progress and you will knowhow well you ahve done to date and what you have left to do in order to qulify, so look ahead, anticipate problems, ask for help if needed and you should be fine.
    James

4. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

Do you have reason to believe you'll fail? If so seek help and advice now with your uni and schools to ensure you pass. It would be unfair to schools if you have reason to believe you'll fail to continue to put in applications...wait a month or so until you are back on your feet if there are issues.

If you were to fail I guess the job offer would have to be rebuked as you wouldn't be qualified. I don't know for certain though.