1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What happens if your PPA cover 'teacher' is off sick?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by KAC89, Sep 23, 2010.

1. RIDICULOUS! I cover 6hrs PPA per wk and am contracted for 25hrs. I am paid at the top end of scale 4 for all my hrs, not just cover. If you haven't already, gain your HLTA status, you're doing PPA cover now so you should find it really easy - good luck. [​IMG]

2. My HLTA is off sick at the mo and so supply has been brought in to cover.
    I don't have a problem with my cover being done by a HLTA- far from it!! She knows the children well and delivers well planned lessons. She is very experienced and has a masters in Education (First Class!!) More qualified than lots of teachers I'd say...

3. Consider yourself lucky to get PPA time. Despite it being a legal entitlement we didn't get a PPA timetable at all last year for our staff, and we have nothing yet again this year. Despite requests nothing happens.
    Anyone got any suggestions as to how we can force the management to publish this without making the person who asks a target for problems down the line for rocking the boat?

Thanks

4. zozo1

zozo1 New commenter

Call your union and ask to remain anonymous.