1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What happened to Weggster's wonderful 2 minute videos?

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by blue117, May 29, 2012.

1. blue117

blue117 New commenter

Help! We are close to the GCSE maths exams, I recommend the Millais videos to find they are not there any more!
    Can I still access Weggster's wonderful videos? Does anyone know?
    Blue

2. blue117

blue117 New commenter

Help! We are close to the GCSE maths exams, I recommend the Millais videos to find they are not there any more!
    Can I still access Weggster's wonderful videos? Does anyone know?
    Blue

3. weggster

weggster New commenter

That's very kind.
    The videos used to be on revver.com but I think that it has now closed.
    Fortunately there are thousands of much better videos on YouTube these days.
    Then of course there are all of the Mathswatch and CGP videos that are commercially available.
    It all seems an age away from 2006 when the first ones were made.
    We've now got them on our school moodle, no guest access though.

4. blue117

blue117 New commenter

Hi Weggster
    Nice to hear from you.
    Shame. What I liked was that all the videos were grouped together - which made it easy for my Y11s to find them!!
    Blue

5. weggster

weggster New commenter

Hello there
    I've started uploading the videos to YouTube under the username
    millaismaths12
    For anyone new to these videos they come in a variety of types:
    • the originals from 2004/5 were just originally "pass maths any way you can"
    • then we had some decent maths done properly
    • then the later ones should be the better ones which include topics from the OCR Add Maths syllabus
    Please excuse mistakes in some of the videos mainly due to making them while being to hear other classes (e.g. overhearing a teacher talking about x and y coordinates next door while writing inflection...funny how the subconcious mind works!)
    These were originally on revver.com which seems to have disappeared so we uploaded them instead to our school VLE which unfortunately other schools cannot access.

6. blue117

blue117 New commenter

Weggster - you are wonderful
    Thank you

7. weggster

weggster New commenter

Hi Valed

How are you? Did I see that you had retired?

All good here, we had our first child (Oliver) three weeks ago so I am a very happy man.

It's a little strange coming back to the forum when so many of the old guard aren't here so much.

I'm busy at work too doing SLE work alongside my HoD job. It's great getting out and about seeing what goes on elsewhere (in the flesh).

W

8. Good and yes!!!
    Congratulations! Now the fun starts, eh?
    Yes but I don't come here very often - not a lot going on. I have dabbled in Personal but it's scary over there
    I was only talking to someone recently about this chap and a Darth Vadar video he made - good days

9. weggster

weggster New commenter