1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What happened to IFL? Who's representing teachers and Lecturers now?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by coldmetal, Mar 14, 2017.

1. coldmetal

coldmetal Occasional commenter

Why did IFL fold? I believe it was compulsory for a while and supported by Govt and then Govt withdrew... is SET filling that role?
    With so many different unions in teaching and lecturing diluting any real lobbying power there needs to be a professional voice and representation. Education as i said before needs a bit of a shake up. An institution like this has had effect before on ofsted and could maybe effect change through govenment.

2. MacGuyver

MacGuyver Occasional commenter

3. coldmetal

I saw the fist one and the last one - I skim read them it still wasn't quite clear...
    UCU fighting against the professional voice. Divided we all fall - I guess that's a no then.

4. MacGuyver

MacGuyver Occasional commenter

Well, given that the NUT and ATL are balloting their members on an amalgamation, and UCU have expressed interest in joining should it go ahead, I'm hopeful the division won't last too long.

And might I suggest something a little more in depth than a skim read.

5. coldmetal

Thanks MacGyver - wanted to see f anyone was interested. That sounds positive although i can't see it happening.

MacGuyver likes this.