1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What film would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by lolaarcana, Mar 6, 2011.

1. I love films and would like to get some good recommendations.
    Please say your favourite film, why you love it and a basic plot without spoilers!
    Thankyou kindly.

2. I love films and would like to get some good recommendations.
    Please say your favourite film, why you love it and a basic plot without spoilers!
    Thankyou kindly.

3. Donnie Darko: I couldn't even begin to explain the plot but it's a fantastic film.
    Pan's Labrinth: Horror/fantasy story set in fascist Spain in 1944. A young girl finds solace in a fantasy world. It features the creepiest movie monster I've ever seen [​IMG].
    Death at a Funeral: Hilarious, all the action takes place at a funeral and what can go wrong, does go wrong. Unusually for me, I preferred the American version.
    Public Enemies: Johnny Depp is superb as American gangster John Dillinger.
    Bruce Almighty: Jim Carrey gets to be God. Worth watching just for the bit featuring Steve Carrell as a completely tongue-tied newsreader. Priceless.

4. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

For quirky, gentle humour:
    Lars and the real girl
    You and me and everyone we know
    Milwaukee Minnesota
    Napoleon Dynamite
    Defendor

5. Streetcleaner

Streetcleaner New commenter

You should try the mysterious 'blue film challenge', known only to serious film buffs and certain students in the early 90's. The challenge is where you watch the following films all in one night:

Blue Velvet
    Blue Betty
    The Blues
    Brothers
    The Big Blue
    Pollux et le Chat Bleu

6. I have so many films I adore! Here are some: The Blind Side, John Q, The Pursuit of Happyness, Elf, The Pianist, The Boy in Striped Pyjamas, The Departed, The Terminal, Apocolypto, Schindler's List, To kill a mockingbird, the king and I, the negotiator, elephant man, les miserables. gran torino, basketball diaries, sleepers....too many!

7. Went to see Insidious at the weekend. The story gets a bit daft but it is without doubt the scariest film I have ever seen [​IMG].

8. Gone of the Wind- colour, spectacle, great acting, 4 hours and no boredom. Utterly charming