1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What FE Courses could I teach?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Morgsy1987, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Morgsy1987

Morgsy1987 New commenter

I shall be studying the Level 3 Award in Education and Training in March with a view to studying the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training. I keep coming back to th same question which is what FE/Sixth Form courses could I teach? I have a Politics degree 2.2 and A Levels in Hsitory, Law and Sociology

Any suggestions, apart from A level Government and Politics

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. phatsals

phatsals Established commenter

Sociology, history, BTEC health and social care. If you really look at your degree you'll find you covered many other subjects. with a Politics degree you can cover aspects of ethics that translate into business studies modules. You will certainly be able to cover History, American and social and political history of the UK.

Look at the courses covered under Social Sciences, they are many and varied and lots at lower levels, ie Level 2. Your A'levels will be enough for that. Ultimately, you bone up on what you don't know.

If you can secure a role in 6th form, many do still tach Politics and History at A'level, worth looking at.

My degree was in Politics, I taught most of the above but eventually retrained into primary. I followed the traditional PGCE with QTS route, social sciences.