1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What ever happened to Guardian’s Secret Teacher?

Discussion in 'Education news' started by binaryhex, Sep 9, 2018.

1. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

I used to like that section but since June, there hasn’t been a post. Where’s it gone?

slingshotsally and agathamorse like this.
  2. Grandsire

Grandsire Star commenter

Dunno. I miss it too.

3. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I am not convinced it was written by teachers but by a content provider who poked this board for inspiration.

colpee and slingshotsally like this.
  4. englishtt06

englishtt06 Occasional commenter

There are no qualified teachers left...secret or otherwise?

(More likely, we're all too busy gathering evidence to have time to write about it!)

5. TonyM19

TonyM19 Occasional commenter

They found out who he was. After a series of no notice lesson obs he was put into a capability package and now works in B&Q :)

6. JohnJCazorla

JohnJCazorla Star commenter

Googling the thread's title gives me this information, from the Guardian site anyway.
    The Secret Teacher is our anonymous blog where teachers can tell it like it is.
    So clearly if there are no posts then everything must be wonderful in the world of education and there's no need for any teacher to blog pointing out otherwise.

lanokia and agathamorse like this.
  7. moscowbore

moscowbore Star commenter

May will be quoting this in PMQs later in the week along with, more good schools .....

8. rubberorangemonkey

rubberorangemonkey New commenter

Maybe they ran out of things to moan about!

9. colpee

colpee Star commenter

Could be true - many Guardian reporters and photographers were unceremoniously put on Zero hours contracts with few rights and less pay.

agathamorse and Mrsmumbles like this.
  10. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Lucky bar steward.

agathamorse likes this.