1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What else is there?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by marshybeans, May 10, 2017.

1. marshybeans

marshybeans New commenter

Hello, I graduated from university nearly two years ago and I am still waiting to complete my NQT year. I'm giving myself till the summer to secure a teaching role otherwise I'm thinking of walking away and getting a completely different job. I'd still prefer to stay within an educational setting (but still can't even manage to get a TA role so I'm walking away from that also if I have nothing by September.)
    I've been with several supply agencies during this time and have never been offered long term supply through them only in Nurseries which I have found myself.

My question is really, what else can I do with my teaching degree (Primary Ed with QTS)? I don't want it to be a waste but I need something more stable and permanent than what I have been having in the last two years.
    Any advice?

2. wanet

wanet Star commenter

Is this issue due to where you live? Is it possible to relocate?

3. Tinycat1234

Tinycat1234 Established commenter

I think you really need to give us more details about your subject and location... Were you successful in your PGCE? Are you effective as a supply teacher?