1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What does your working week look like?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by penny_corp, Jan 18, 2017.

1. penny_corp

penny_corp New commenter

I will be returning to work after having a year off for maternity and looking at how I will organise my working week. I am going back to a middle management position and will be working full time. Very interested to know how others organise their week so that they can fit everything in without having a breakdown! My little one will be in nursery but my husband will be dropping her off and picking her up most days.

2. primenumbers

primenumbers New commenter

Two late days a week ie finishing at around 5pm, three other days finish at around 3:45 - 4 pm. All work marked at school. One hour of admin every night Monday - Thursday. Sunday afternoon to do some work on my subject knowledge.
    Head of department in a core subject in a school with 1500 students, 12 staff :) it is manageable. I do work during school holiday, about 10-15 hours per holiday, but will definitely be free from May half term and summer holiday.