1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What does your VCOP display look like?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Vanadesse, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

My school is really big on their VCOP displays and having them as child friendly and interactive. Just wondering whether people could share their ideas (even photos!) of their VCOP displays so that I might get some inspiration? Not even pinterest has helped me with this one.

2. NoNoNoah

NoNoNoah New commenter

I have seen many VCOP displays that look great but have very little child interaction which, for me, defeats the purpose.

A pyramid type display helps prompt more adventurous use for punctuation and connectives. However, for vocabulary I used laminated speech bubbles (dry-wipe friendly) and had the children add WOW words they had discovered in from group reading, spelling or shared writing. Openers were always a little awkward and I used a combination of the two approaches.

I have just moved to a school that doesn't really use VCOP but I will introduce it to my year 6. Our topic is Ancient Egypt and the pyramid theme is an obvious, if a little unoriginal, design solution. This is a short term fix but depending on how good it looks I may leave it that way.

3. <font size="2">All my Vocabulary,
    connectives and openers are on laminated sheets at child height and children
    are encouraged to come and take the sheets to help them with vocabulary. This
    takes a lot of training so they aren&rsquo;t just wondering around though! </font>