1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What does your timetable for the week look like please?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by minnieminx, Aug 12, 2012.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We are supposed to have a weekly timetable that can be accessed by anyone and everyone. It should set out when we teach each subject.

But moving to year 1 with no set lesson times and starting a creative curriculum means there isn't really a set timetable. Just children accessing various challenges/tasks/areas all day, sometimes with an adult leading and sometimes not. How do I make this into a timetable so that (KS2 experienced) SLT will see that we do cover the curriculum and children do learn all the skills and subjects they are supposed to?

SLT aren't a problem or ogres at all, just not sure they will accept 'challenges/tasks' as an all day nearly everyday section on a timetable. Not sure I would either.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

We are supposed to have a weekly timetable that can be accessed by anyone and everyone. It should set out when we teach each subject.

But moving to year 1 with no set lesson times and starting a creative curriculum means there isn't really a set timetable. Just children accessing various challenges/tasks/areas all day, sometimes with an adult leading and sometimes not. How do I make this into a timetable so that (KS2 experienced) SLT will see that we do cover the curriculum and children do learn all the skills and subjects they are supposed to?

SLT aren't a problem or ogres at all, just not sure they will accept 'challenges/tasks' as an all day nearly everyday section on a timetable. Not sure I would either.

3. My question would be how do YOU keep track of what you have covered and when? Could you adapt that somehow? Sorry not very helpful :( but not sure if there is a straight forward answer!!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I dunno that either!!

I've read (and put sticky things on loads of pages, much to OH's amusement) Moving on to Key Stage 1 and From Vacant to Engaged. Now I get what I've to do on a day to day basis, sort of, but how to make that look like what our school thinks a lesson plan looks like and how to put it into a believable timetable is a bit beyond me.

I'm not used to child led, play based learning, so have no clue how to keep track of what and when. KS1 is in a big state of change at our school, which is also changing rapidly, so not much to work with there. Hence asking here...

5. suffolksmiler

suffolksmiler New commenter

I use a planning grid that has areas of learning down the side then split into smaller room areas (sand / construction/ creative corner etc) then along the top are the days of the week. We put in possible activities at the start of the week But can scribble on it to adapt to the children's needs / interests. It is A4 but I enlarge it on the photocopier to A3. On your daily or weekly reflective planning sheet - you can show a type of lesson plan for groups of children ( development matters skill focus, resources you will provide, adults role to move learning on) Reflective planning is a type of lesson plan. On the weekly planning grid, I initial next to activities, which adult will work in that area (adult directed activity say for literacy). Not sure if these 2 ideas make sense or help.....