1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What does the expression......

Discussion in 'Personal' started by stupot101, Apr 1, 2012.

1. stupot101

stupot101 Established commenter

A friend of mine arrived at my house a while ago, and asked me what the expression 'See you in the dark' means. Without going into detail, it was said by a filipino woman. It seemed in jest, but He doesn't know whether it is lighthearted, sarcastic, an insult or a compliment. Any ideas?

2. stupot101

stupot101 Established commenter

A friend of mine arrived at my house a while ago, and asked me what the expression 'See you in the dark' means. Without going into detail, it was said by a filipino woman. It seemed in jest, but He doesn't know whether it is lighthearted, sarcastic, an insult or a compliment. Any ideas?

3. In the evening when it's dark? Electricity may not have reached every corner of the Philippines

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Maybe she said "see you in the park" and it was misheard.

5. joli2

joli2 New commenter

Maybe it was 'see you in the dock' as in, in court?

6. Maybe it's the same meaning as 'not on your nelly.' You cannot see in the dark in any country.

7. anteater

anteater New commenter

Is he very pale? If so, it could be a remark about his skin pigmentation. In which case, it could be an insult.
    Or maybe she fancied him and was inviting him round at bedtime.