1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What does the acronym PASCOP stand for?

Discussion in 'English' started by richard..ubrooks, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Hi all
    I am looking for ways to teach understanding non fiction texts for english language gcse, I use aforest for persuasive and fishclubb for presentational devices but I have heard of another acronym, PASCOP, to use i think when reading texts - I guess that purpose and audience are in there somewhere but I can't work out the others....
    I have googled it to no avail and asked other teachers...
    Could anybody help?
    Richard

2. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Sorry - new one on me.
    Another that's a new one on me and I can't fathom. It's for writing about media texts and it's "FLIC". Anyone know that one?
    (a by the bye pedantic point - acronyms, conventionally, shouldn't be spelt with more than one capital letter. These ones shouldn't have any capitals really.)
    I don't know what to think when I see exam scripts saying, "the passage is good because of all the AFOREST in it"!

3. sweetie1

sweetie1 New commenter

Could be a version of PASCOE. Purpose Audience Style Content Organisation English. Not sure what the second P would be though. As for FLIC...!

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well done there sweetie. Could the 2nd P be paragraphing?

5. Lara mfl 05

6. Perhaps: language, institutions, conventions? I don't know about the f though. :)

7. Lara mfl 05

<u>Not</u> my powerpoint, just looked it up in resources and that's what came up!