1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What does Plenary mean?

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by anon1605, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Hi,

What does this mean in the school context? Have searched on net but am just getting confused.

thanks

2. It is a short activity at the end of a lesson which is generally some kind of evaluative activity of what happened during the lesson. It could be as straightforward as some Q&A which would enable the teacher to evaluate if the objectives had been met, and what the students had actually taken in during the lesson. It could involve asking them some questions which might make them think further about the lesson topic. It could be a short quiz. It could be student self or peer evaluation task. It rounds off the lesson and hopefully consolidates some of the learning. In art, it might be something like gathering all the work together and discussing which pieces worked really well as a whole group or even smaller groups of four of so - getting them to point out what they think really worked and why. Talking about how to improve and move forward as a group next time. That kind of thing.

3. ooo, I was wondering about this too, so Thanks! [​IMG]

4. i was also looking for a concise definition and yours hits the spot - thank you :)

5. So I have this jolly phonic plan from Tes which says plenary 2* & wish what does it mean

6. ambor100

ambor100 New commenter

It means 'As a plenary task, write down 2 things that went well or 2 things that you've learned (2 stars) and 1 thing you want to know more about or want to improve on (a wish).'

7. Pomz

Pomz Lead commenter

Basically, it's an ageing buzzword that means nothing. Plenaries were in fashion a few years back...