1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What does it mean when your cat sits in front of your TES screen?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by felltogroundinberkeleysquare, Oct 27, 2015.

1. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

felltogroundinberkeleysquare Established commenter

Time to go home, or is it just that cat's actually can read? His name is Boris... answers on a post card.

I'm not expecting many replies, but it amused me. Can he feel the force?

2. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

More to the point, does he have opposable thumbs?
    Seriously, you should only really start worrying if he regularly picks up and reads the TES.:eek:
    One of our cat loves getting tore into the Guardian. Doesn't do it to any other paper. I just hope we aren't harbouring a Guardian hating Daily Mail cat?:oops:

sabrinakat likes this.
  3. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

No, he's all Indy or Guardian, and I can remember buying the first edition of the Indy when I was at the LSE.

4. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

He normally just likes a post it note on a bit of string, which makes it odd he is sitting on my computer table to my left.

5. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

I would only start worrying if he starts posting
    There's probably a few on here he could give a run for their money:)

Including me :D

6. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Cats cannot read. They despise reading and those who read. Your cat is saying one of two things:

1. stroke me
    2. feed me

It is worrying that you claim to own a cat but do not appear to know this. ;)

sabrinakat likes this.
  7. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Maybe he's reading the fluffy threads?

anotherauntsally likes this.
  8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Right now my cat is wet and loudly calling through the house. I shall chase it with a hair dryer!

Little Nazi.

9. grumpydogwoman

Yes, you ARE a Nazi, @lanokia. How dare you treat your feline in that cruel fashion!

sabrinakat likes this.
  10. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

He treats me in a cruel fashion! Wakes me up at ungodly times and now he's making the floor wet!

Evil critter.

11. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

You need to turn on the central heating.

12. grumpydogwoman

I'd like to see YOU catch a mouse in the dark whilst it's peeing it down WITHOUT getting wet. The ingratitude!

13. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

it generally means i'm in trouble for something.

14. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

Maybe someone is talking about controlled assessment and your CAT can recognise the word CAT! (My cat knows some words verbally, like chicken, fish, pussycat food etc)

15. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Every time I've stepped out my front door today the neighbour's cat has been stalking me, and trotting jauntily half a step ahead of me and getting under my feet wherever I go. Do you think he's trying to tell me a helicopter's crashed in the ravine by the old gold mine ten miles to the south west and two people need urgent medical help, or is he maybe just seeking attention?

magic surf bus
    Not yet deemed helpful enough or of good enough repute to have a signature

16. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

Oh for sure, my cats have assaulted me underfoot many a time, and once I went down hard, and was winded for 10 mins. Still they teach you a lesson or two about dainty footwork.

17. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

My cat might be looking at herself (she's my avatar)....she's Daphne, daughter of Sabrina the cat rip.....

18. felltogroundinberkeleysquare

Oh, shame. Boris is a boy, and he likes to keep me tap-dancing. Then there is Ghengis Kant, who is frankly Jack the Ripper in Ginger.

lanokia likes this.