1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What does Head of Teaching and Learning?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hmclarnon, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Hello, can someone please help me out? There is a teaching job going at a really great school that I would love to apply for. They want someone who can be Head of Teaching and Learning. I know I'm ready to take the role on, I just need to work out what the job title means first. Anybody care to enlighten me?

2. Hello, can someone please help me out? There is a teaching job going at a really great school that I would love to apply for. They want someone who can be Head of Teaching and Learning. I know I'm ready to take the role on, I just need to work out what the job title means first. Anybody care to enlighten me?

3. Sorry, but how can you be ready to take on a role when you don't understand what it is!

4. I was wondering the exact same thing! How on earth would you convince anybody that you are ready/suitable for the role when you don't know what it entails?

5. Usually we're asked to help with the interview, this time it's the job title that's the problem!

6. Gloriousness

Gloriousness New commenter

Fake post, guys. Don't fall for it.

7. taj

taj

Presumably there is a job description with the advert? That should tell you what it entails.