1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What does a child have to do to get suspended...

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Goldopals, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Goldopals

Goldopals New commenter

One of my year 10 boys told me to have an orgasm. His punishment was five days suspension. I was happy about the way the leader handled this situation but was curious about what the consequence might be in your schools and how bad a child needs to act to be suspended.

2. BillyBobJoe

BillyBobJoe Lead commenter

I don't think the fact that they were Bibles is relevant. Arson on school property is dangerous, if nothing else. Bibles are not sacred objects, the subject matter is but not the physical object. This is different from some other religions where the physical copies of the texts are themselves sacred.

3. In our school, it is literally impossibble to get an exclusion, even for regular attacks on staff. Head doesn't believe in them i'm afraid. I have no idea why staff morale is rock bottom and ofsted and the lea are baffled by us!

4. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

they tend to be baffled by classroom teachers because it is so long since they have been one (if ever!)
    our recently retired Maths advisor had never taught the national curriculum (he had not taught since before out NQT was born!)
    I used to work in the Banking sector, half of all inspection teams were on secondment for one or max two years

5. casper

casper New commenter

Yep, I was observed by one of these recenlty ( line manager off with stress) . He had not got a clue, not only on how to observe, but also how to feed back. Not only me , but all the members of staff he observed. This is disgraceful. Not been teachign in the classroom for a very long. Just supplementing his pension and causing a lot of upset and distress.