1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do your leaving students do on muck-up day?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon4561, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Well, it was our year 12 leaving day today (Oz school year for those who don't know me)
    So I was ready for the vaseline on my door handle (last year they taped the door up)...... I expected the removal of my desks and chairs........
    I was not surprised to find the staffroom seats on the roof......Boss suggested morning briefing elsewhere.. only to find that room full of every desk and seat from the entire school............
    What I thought was a particular stroke of genius was finding one of the school chickens running around my classroom! [​IMG]

2. Well, it was our year 12 leaving day today (Oz school year for those who don't know me)
    So I was ready for the vaseline on my door handle (last year they taped the door up)...... I expected the removal of my desks and chairs........
    I was not surprised to find the staffroom seats on the roof......Boss suggested morning briefing elsewhere.. only to find that room full of every desk and seat from the entire school............
    What I thought was a particular stroke of genius was finding one of the school chickens running around my classroom! [​IMG]

3. We have zebra crossings in the car park - one year the white stripes got painted flourescent pink overnight. Head teacher's car covered in post-it notes so it resenbled a bizarre pink and yellow hedgehog. Head of sixth form's office filled to the ceiling with ballons. White board rubbers taken with a ransom note left in each room.
    On a more unpleasent note one year group got fish heads and guts from the fishmongers and posted them into the grilles on the front of the radiators
    [​IMG]

4. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Maybe it's my Aspieness.....but am I the only one who doesn't find this sort of thing remotely funny?
    (I'm prepared to accept it's me!....I often sit and wonder why studio audiences are screaming with laughter at a show which I just don't 'get')

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Ermmmm.....possibly! [​IMG]

6. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

It's something I have to live with....I am an Aspie with German roots...that's two strikes when it comes to being born with a sense of humour!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Nope...nothing to do with aspergers! I don't find vandalism, disruption and wasting my time particularly amusing either.

8. When I was a Probationer, my school sent the leavers away a day early to avoid all the vandalism//hilarious pranks. The kids were gutted.

I found that quite amusing.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

My last two schools have done the same.

10. We do that too. They like to sneak back and set the fire alarms off in revenge. My, what a merry jape!

11. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I too don't find these things funny, but...
    There is some merit in the lad that brought 3 of his sheep in, labelled them 1, 2 and 4, and set them loose. Then watched the senior team search for number 3!

12. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Love that Lilac [​IMG]

13. superb!

14. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

It's not my story - I read it here!

15. essentiallyprincess

essentiallyprincess New commenter

fabulous story - no wonder you remembered it :D

16. I'm always a little disappointed by the lack of imagination our Y13s use.... I sometimes find myself wanting to slip them some ideas!! We did some corkers when I was leaving school culminating in us 'stealing' a Y7 class and locking them in the 6th form centre I seem to remember, and watched (thinking we were oh so clever) the member of staff wandering round school highly confused!
    Have to confess that 3 of us (staff) borrowed a few noticeable items (nothing of value!) from around the school and held them to ransom a few years back- managed to hold it together for a day and a half before cracking! Lots of laughs for the end of term - no harm done, if it wasnt your thing you didnt have to get involved in the banter!

LOVE the sheep thing!
    Me, personally, I love a prank - keeps you on your toes!! ;)

17. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Practical jokes - yawn.

18. Hi, Bethannie! I don't actually find much of it funny, and I insisted last year that my room be left alone, as lots of expensive equipment in there............. but the chicken running around my classroom was just so bizarre, that it cracked me up! [​IMG]

19. And I thought the sheep story was brilliant! [​IMG]

20. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Surely if they had been educated properly they would have nothing but tears to shed at the loss of their wonderful relationship with the school. Secondary education continues to surprise me with its total inability to engage with its students.