1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do you want from your LSA??? What is their role???

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Lilybett, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Hello all.
    I don't know if anyone will see this in time, but here goes anyway...
    I am a primary teacher but owing to there being naff-all primary jobs going in this area, I have an interview tomorrow for the post of LSA at a secondary school (eek).
    I was pretty confident until I thought properly about it - 'I am a teacher!', etc. But... actually, secondary is a completely different kettle of fish and urr I don't have a clue!
    What makes a good LSA? What kind of LSA do you like working with?
    Also, I am a bit confused on the behaviour management aspect. If the children I'm working with are misbehaving, is it within my remit to give sanctions, in line with the school's behaviour policy? Or should I just tell the teacher? To be honest, when I've been the teacher and classroom assistants come to me to tell me that the kid they're with is misbehaving, I wonder why they aren't sorting it for themselves - was this wrong me of me, though?!
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts xx

2. Hello all.
    I don't know if anyone will see this in time, but here goes anyway...
    I am a primary teacher but owing to there being naff-all primary jobs going in this area, I have an interview tomorrow for the post of LSA at a secondary school (eek).
    I was pretty confident until I thought properly about it - 'I am a teacher!', etc. But... actually, secondary is a completely different kettle of fish and urr I don't have a clue!
    What makes a good LSA? What kind of LSA do you like working with?
    Also, I am a bit confused on the behaviour management aspect. If the children I'm working with are misbehaving, is it within my remit to give sanctions, in line with the school's behaviour policy? Or should I just tell the teacher? To be honest, when I've been the teacher and classroom assistants come to me to tell me that the kid they're with is misbehaving, I wonder why they aren't sorting it for themselves - was this wrong me of me, though?!
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts xx