1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do you want from an NQT?

Discussion in 'English' started by charlotteu, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Your mentor/HOD should get in touch and give you details of classes etc as well as any existing schemes of work. Decide on your rules/sanctions - with reference to school policies - and anything you want in your classroom straight away (you might leave it until you get some work from them).
    Read!! A summer with a range of books is very useful as well as being enjoyable and a break before the difficult term ahead

2. Thanks for the reply. Yes my mentor said that we should be getting timetables/class lists in the coming weeks. I'll ask for a copy of their behaviour/rewards policy when I go in, too.

I've been thinking about my classroom and I have came up with a few ideas (form class bulletin board etc) and the school have said that I can go in over the summer and sort it out which is really nice of them.

I can't wait to read over the summer! The school are moving to an exam board that I am unfamiliar with so I'm excited to read some new texts.

Thanks again for the advice!