1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what do you use to assess:

Discussion in 'Primary' started by smiley786, Apr 9, 2012.

1. smiley786

smiley786 New commenter

What do you use to assess:
    • reading
    • writing
    • phonics
    We are having a rethink as to how we assess the above in our school. How often do you assess? what levelling criteria do you use?
    Your replies will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

2. We use APP for writing and reading.
    We also do the Big Write at our school and follow the Big Write marking criteria once every half term for writing - a bit of a mixture really!

3. smiley786

smiley786 New commenter

Thanks lucywag.
    Anyone not using APP. Also do you do guided reading plans? If so, can anyone send me a copy. Just want to see how detailed it is.
    Thanks

4. We only have to plan the questions that we will ask for Guided Reading to ensure that all AFs will be covered.
    However, I was observed recently and produced a detailed plan for that session to show that I sort of know what I'm doing!! If you give me your email address I'm happy to send you both examples. I got a 'good' for my observation.

5. bonnie1

bonnie1 Senior commenter

What is APP? I'm working abroad and it's hard to keep up with developments. Can you direct me to a web site?
    Everything has been archived, other than a topic based curriculum, is there anything official out there to replace the archived schemes?

Ta