1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do you use instead of raise online?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Rlh1969, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Rlh1969

Rlh1969 New commenter

Dear all

Can you perhaps help me?

With the demise of Raiseonline how do you compare and contrast pupil performance?

I have been getting mixed messages.

Thanks

Rob

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

3. MrMedia

MrMedia Star commenter

The general shift is now away from trying to compare two data points to measure progress. The data manager can still produce your flight path, but as ofsted have said they won’t look at internal data it really is only if you need this data should you produce it.
    I see lots and lots of confused practice. Year 7 data drops converted into GCSE grades (absolutely madness) flight paths to Year 11.
    If you read the consultation they have said just set out your curriculum in a knowledge organiser, set a test to measure it and then leave some space to patch the gaps found by the test. Don’t try to measure the progress.
    I’d recommend this as a stating point.
    https://rebeccaallen.co.uk/2018/05/23/what-if-we-cannot-measure-pupil-progress/

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

But Ofsted will use the external data in the IDSR, which is taken from ASP, won't they?