1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do you use for outdoor storage?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Loony tunes, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Hi, we're looking at getting some storage for some of our outdoor equipment. We're not in the most secure of areas so it'll only be a few bits of cheap equipment like sand and water toys. We're looking to spend about £100 - any suggestions? Thanks

2. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Thanks chocolatesprinkles - we're rather exposed at the top of a hill so I think this would probably just blow away! I was thinking of something a bigger and lockable - probably either one of those things that look a bit like a big box with a lid or an outside cupboard...

3. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

The best thing I have seen in a school is small sheds - I think they are bike storage sheds - like a log store but with doors and shelves put inside.

4. suffolksmiler

suffolksmiler New commenter

Argos do plastic garden storage. Strong and sturdy.
    We bought a couple to put resources.

Also buy long flat plastic boxes with lids: Windy weather box, digging box, explorers box........
    Having wheels means the children can push or pull them to the area they need them
    Long and thin mean they can be stacked out of the way, BUT not as weather proof as Argos storage shed thingy...

Also use big plastic garden buckets : PINK BLUE GREEN YELLOW available at garden centres and cheaper places.
    Keep balls, bean bags, ropes in them.
    Hang a hook on a fence post and you can hang up hoops.

Hope that helps Suffolk Smiler