1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do you to with completed reading comprehension worksheets?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Apr 2, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

File this term's under 'bin' in the holidays. Like you say, no point marking them now.

For next time read out the answers immediately at the end and get the children to self or peer mark. Then file their own sheets in a folder or book.

Then in July they file the folder under 'bin' in their own house.

I'd never have bothered with all the AF nonsense! But yes it does sound like the sort of thing I would think I 'ought' to do as well.

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

we do seem to want to make more work for ourselves!
    just make a list of APP thingys if yo must and tick.......can you imagine how long it wil take to do every comprhension sheet.......besides junior wil be right one day and wrong the next...at best its a calculated guess with some eveidenc.e....No one reads them and in the end no one really gives a toss except SMT desperately trying to prove to ofsted that they have children actually learning!

3. Surely if your Head has asked you to do them, he/she must have some idea what should be done with them - I'd ask your Head (only if you're not too concerned that you'll get given loads of extra work as result of asking - if this is the case, I'd file them all in the recycling bin!)

4. My kids have a book each and they either stick the worksheet in or write/draw in it for a comprehension activity. They also do word and sentence work in there.

5. Mark them before the next lesson and go through the text? What exactly is the point in doing them if the children never see them again?

6. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

7. Get the children to mark them, this way they gain more understanding of what the correct answers should be, ask them to use a coloured pen so you can see what changes they had to make!