1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by BridgetJones101, May 29, 2012.

1. I'm looking at applying for a new job as Head of Dept. - large school with sixth form. Head, 3 deputies and 2 assistant heads - all male. The majority of staff are female. Does not seem right to me? What do you think of an all-male SMT?

2. I'm looking at applying for a new job as Head of Dept. - large school with sixth form. Head, 3 deputies and 2 assistant heads - all male. The majority of staff are female. Does not seem right to me? What do you think of an all-male SMT?

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

So says one female head and this female head agrees with her.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

And so does Old Baldie.
    Best wishes

5. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Your comment would carry more weight if you were a woman, though, Theo.

6. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

[​IMG] You're bad Middlemarch - I thought we'd established that gender is irrelevant.