1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what do you talk to your other half about???

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by im tired, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Title says it all really!!! My LO is 7 months now and OH and I hardly spend time together without her as both our families live too far away for babysitting. I have spoke to our neighbour tonight who is willing to do some babysitting for us, should have asked before I know!! Im worried we will be at a loss as to what to talk about, sounds daft i know, we have been together for over 8 years and before LO was planned we managed lots of nights out, chatting away all night long, im trying to remember those conversations......
    So, what do you all talk about??? Need some suggestions 80)
    Thanks in advance

2. Title says it all really!!! My LO is 7 months now and OH and I hardly spend time together without her as both our families live too far away for babysitting. I have spoke to our neighbour tonight who is willing to do some babysitting for us, should have asked before I know!! Im worried we will be at a loss as to what to talk about, sounds daft i know, we have been together for over 8 years and before LO was planned we managed lots of nights out, chatting away all night long, im trying to remember those conversations......
    So, what do you all talk about??? Need some suggestions 80)
    Thanks in advance

3. I'm sure you will find something to talk about, even if it is just the baby! I know how you feel - we are off to lakes tomorrow night and we will have to sit in a bar together and talk! We're taking a pack of cards.....

4. On our first night out we did just talk about baby, but there's nothing wrong with that!

5. You soon get back into it, don't worry about it. You can plan your next holiday, your next baby, what you would spend a lottery win on. Have a big glass of vino and enjoy youreselves xxx

6. I read your post early on in the evening and made a mental note to remember the things we spoke about tonight, so here goes....in no particular order.....
    when to go on holiday and where to go, his fear of flying, his family going on holiday (they are leaving tomorrow), why he doesn't get as stressed out as me when LO screams for ages!!, types of chocolate we like, how Internet forums work, how much wine we consume and what it costs us - too much! - what to order from the chinese, the plots of Corination St and Emmerdale, why he isn't romantic, whether or not I'd ordered squash in the Internet shop!
    I'm sure there was more but as you'll see its a pretty random selection. We have been together about the same length of time as you and your OH. When we first started going out, he used to have a list of topics by the phone ready to discuss in case there was a lull in the conversation! Fortunately, I could talk for England so I don't think he had to use it ;-)

7. Aww thanks ladies!!!

Keep them coming!!

X

8. Aw, you'll find stuff to talk about, for sure! You have lots in common, otherwise you wouldn't have been together for 8 years.
    When we go out, we talk about films, stories, the baby, family, the baby, tv series we love, people we know, relationships of people we know, holidays we've had, the baby, holidays we'd like to have, the baby, we do a bit of bitching about people we mutually dislike, we talk about art, the dog...

You'll be fine!