1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what do you store maths plastic money in? Y4

Discussion in 'Primary' started by queenlit, Aug 3, 2011.

1. queenlit

queenlit New commenter

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Nice paint palettes!

Can you get some money bags from a local bank for storing? Then just put all the bags in a plastic box?

3. deeley

deeley New commenter

well, my 7 year old and I brought the lot home, and sorted it this afternoon on the dining table. Have managed to reduce the 22 pots down to 7 ziplock bags with each denomination in - a SERIOUS amount of money, what a shame its plastic!
    I like these ideas on here, so I'll have a nosy round the shops and see which will work in the cupboard - thanks for all the ideas.
    on a second tangent, I hadnt appreciated before today how many different kinds of dice/die there were! seriously, it's about 15 bags, plus blank ones. i have 1-6, 7-12, 1-5, 1-12, even 1-20...the list goes on.
    Looking forward to maths this year!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Can you not just keep them in the ziplock bags?

5. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

I just keep mine loose in a drawer, but in other years I have had a divided up compartment, like in a till.
    Can I ask do you need all that money? Have you checked if other year groups may need some resources? We found in our school a lot of resources tended to make their way to a certain classroom and we would have to get it back covertly.