1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what do you put in a packed lunch for a 12 month old??

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Millie dog, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Millie dog

Millie dog New commenter

Hello,
    Gonna start sending LO with a packed lunch to her childminder instead of a hot dinner, so she'll eat with us early evening.
    Wondering what to put in there?!!! She sometimes has little sandwiches at home for tea, but i'm worried that she won't be getting enough food in the day to keep her full till her evening meal.
    All i can think of is some little sandwiches, a yoghurt and some fruit. W9hat else can i +put in there??
    can't think of anything else...bit dim at the mo!! :)
    Millie x
    PS - sorry for typos - LO is 'helping' me type!!

2. Millie dog

Millie dog New commenter

Hello,
    Gonna start sending LO with a packed lunch to her childminder instead of a hot dinner, so she'll eat with us early evening.
    Wondering what to put in there?!!! She sometimes has little sandwiches at home for tea, but i'm worried that she won't be getting enough food in the day to keep her full till her evening meal.
    All i can think of is some little sandwiches, a yoghurt and some fruit. W9hat else can i +put in there??
    can't think of anything else...bit dim at the mo!! :)
    Millie x
    PS - sorry for typos - LO is 'helping' me type!!

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Boots do some good little snacks, like cereal bars, crisps, raisins, breadsticks etc. You could also put an apple and a banana in there for the childminder to cut up. My son also likes those fruit flakes things. Well, he's tried them once and liked them! He's 19 months.
    I usually put in a pot of defrosted dinner for him as he's not keen on sandwiches. He has breakfast at the childminder - weetabix. He loves yoghurts so there's always a yoghurt in there! He's not a big eater though and will generally only have about half of what I pack for him.

4. I often do this.

sandwiches (ham, cheese, cheesespread...)
    couple of crisps (I give her the Organix ones)
    cherry tomatoes cut up
    cucumber cut up
    chunks of cheese
    hard-boiled egg
    grated carrot
    breadsticks
    yog
    raisins
    organix biscuits
    rice cakes
    rice pudding

not all at once! can't think of anything else at mo...hope that helps