1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do you love most about being a mummy.......

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Sam69, Mar 13, 2011.

1. As the title says really! There's a tough side to being a mummy (sleep deprivation probably being top of most people's lists) so I thought it would be good to focus on something positive so what do you enjoy about it most?? Our LO is almost 10 months old now and his character is really emerging. I love the way he raises 1 eyebrow in a questioning manner, the fact that I know exactly where his tickly spot is and the resulting giggle is wonderful! The way he says 'mama' and his independence and how determined he can be when learning something new (at the moment that's pulling himself to his feet on the furniture!) What about you? ...........................................

2. As the title says really! There's a tough side to being a mummy (sleep deprivation probably being top of most people's lists) so I thought it would be good to focus on something positive so what do you enjoy about it most?? Our LO is almost 10 months old now and his character is really emerging. I love the way he raises 1 eyebrow in a questioning manner, the fact that I know exactly where his tickly spot is and the resulting giggle is wonderful! The way he says 'mama' and his independence and how determined he can be when learning something new (at the moment that's pulling himself to his feet on the furniture!) What about you? ...........................................

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I love so many things about being a mummy! My son is nearly 21 months and is so amazing. I love the way he's so curious about everything, the way he runs everywhere and doesn't walk, the way he seems to have such a strong personality and a good sense of humour already and likes making me and my husband laugh. I love it when he 'kisses' me and hugs me, and blows me kisses goodbye when he goes to the childminder. I love taking him for a walk along the seafront and being dragged onto the beach every time. I love the way I ask him 'where's the baby?' and he touches my stomach (i'm pregnant) and when I ask him if he'd like a sister he says 'oh no' and shakes his head! Being a mummy is great - i can't imagine what life was like before!

4. My LO is only 11 weeks and totally gorgeous. I love how when she is bfeeding and has come off, she waves her mouth around wide open, hoping to 'catch' my nipple. I love how she sleeps with her mouth wide open and can look deep into my eyes when bottlefeeding. Her sneezes are the cutest ever and her coughs are just plain funny (with no regard for hygiene!). We're just getting to the stage where she is starting to smile - love these too!
    A great thread this - well done to the OP!
    x

5. I need this! I love how when my LO sneezes I say "Bless you" and "Bless you again!" and she laughs and laughs like I've made the funniest joke. I love watching her take her bottle off me and try so hard to do it herself but missing her mouth completely! She's 16 weeks already!

6. When she takes mine and my husband's faces in her hands, grits her teeth and says ' HAPPY!!'. She is at the loving in a very passionate and often violent stage at the moment but is utterly beautiful.

7. That my LO has finally started giving kisses (at 13 months)... and only to me. [​IMG]

8. Watching my little girl learn to crawl and making all these funny cooing noises as she does it. She sticks her tongue out with the concentration.
    Snuggles in bed in the morning
    Watching her feed herself
    Making her giggle and giggle and giggle.
    Having her sleep on my chest and feeling her fall asleep in the sling, her body relaxes, her head rests on my chest and I can feel her body drop off.
    When she wakes up and gives me a sleepy little gaze, then head back down and she falls asleep.
    Her constant smile.
    Feeling her body against me as I cuddle her.
    Her joy at being in the bath.

Motherhood is fantastic (mostly)

9. I love absolutely everything about being a mummy to my 6 week old little girl. My favourite things about my daughter are how she hides her thumbs in her fists and then tries so hard to suck them but doesn't realise she has to release them first, how loudly she sucks on her fist, the whistling kettle sound she makes when she's stirring from her sleep, her full on temper tantrum when she isn't fed straight away - her cry sounds like a squawking pterodactyl, that I know what to do to settle her when she's upset, that she loves being naked (daddy hopes she grows out of this!), how loudly she fills her nappy in the most unladylike fashion, the way she throws her head around and pecks at me like woody the woodpecker after she has fed, the smiles in her sleep, how she batters and shouts at the poor monkey and lion on her playmat and that she is beginning to smile! I could keep going and going!

10. kittenjames

kittenjames New commenter

ah what a lovely thread. I love how being a mummy makes me feel utterly content. I love my little boy's beautiful smile and how he saves the biggest smiles for me. I love the way his body stays curled up when i pick him up and he's sleepy. Falling asleep in the day together, with him snuffling into me. The way he coos and giggles in his cot when he wakes up in the morning...oh sigh, could go on and on and on! Kj and lo 9wks oh and the smell of him, i'm addicted!

11. That reminds me.... watching my husband turn into a gooey softy around her- singing to her, cuddling her and making her giggle. It is lovely watching them together

12. I love it when my 4-month old is lying on my lap, catches my eye, beams and says goooooogoooo!

13. I love how it just keeps better and better - you get that first 'is it a smile?' and then it develops into a proper smile, then a full on grin and then when you get those first gurgles and giggles...wow!

He changes so quickly and I adore the concentration on his face as he tries to do new things. Last night he discovered splashing in the bath, he's rolling around all over the place, getting stuck under the sofa and pulling at everything.

I love how cosy he is when you pick him up in the morning and how when he's a bit dozy he just snuggles in tight. I love how he thinks I'm so funny and loves my awful singing.

14. Moomoon - I completely agree with you. I adore watching my OH with our LO and I love coming home to hear them giggling away together! [​IMG]

15. I love it when she looks at me, properly into my eyes and listens to me chatting nonsense to her. I also love her smell!!

16. I love this thread! I can't wait to meet my LO! :)

17. I get the best cuddles :)

Said to LO in front of OH, "You're my best friend!" and OH replied, "Yes she is, I can tell by the way she's cuddling you!" Aaaw bless xx

18. Trudy

Trudy New commenter

The jokes my 3 year old tells - for example, "How does a pig snore?" - "Because he's doing a poo ha ha ha!!!!". Playing 'I love you more than...' with funny things (to a toddler) like snot, poos, bogies...
    When my mum brought them home today and my 17 month old walked down the drive towards me with her hands up and a huge smile on her face as she was so pleased to see me! (And she only started walking properly last week!)
    When my 3 year old calls me her lovely, beautiful mummy.
    When my 1 year old plays the game of sticking her face through the cot bars so I can kiss her nose, and then when I do she bops me on the head!
    Oh there are so many more, I wouldn't change it for the world! :)

19. Those milky smiles when you are staring at each other at feeding times!