1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What Do You Look Forward to at the End of the Day?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by VeronicAmb, May 16, 2016.

1. VeronicAmb

VeronicAmb Occasional commenter

My kids are with their uncle and my partner is still at home and I'm watching Boardwalk Empire...

Some days for me, it's my kids (sometimes it's literally the last thing I wanna do (2 year old, 8 year old and 14 year old!)

I honestly just come home to some peace and quiet is the best feeling in the world. Although this is very rare for me, just being with my own crowd, with my fav mug full of tea and pigging out with a packet of biscuits without any shame is the best feeling ever (reminds me of my young, youthful, uni days!)

So, what do you guys look forward to at the end of each of your LONG working school day?

2. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

The wind dropping

Mind you it is usually quite calm at dawn too

kibosh likes this.
  3. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I always look forward to my cosy bed but in summer I like to potter round the garden. It's very peaceful and I can always see the result of any work I do, which doesn't always happen in school!

magic surf bus likes this.
  4. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Climbing into bed and reaching for my kindle.

When I was teaching, I looked forward to putting my key in the door, knowing that I could do what I wanted, more or less!

5. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

quiet.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  6. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Waking up in the morning.

magic surf bus likes this.
  7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Depends on what mood I'm in, what needs doing and what the weather is like. It could be gardening, a large G&T, a blether with MrK or reading threads on TES. Often it's all 4 :D

8. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Ditto.

9. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Getting that final dog walk out of the way so I can finally unwind.

At weekends, I have been known to get as unwound as a newt.

racroesus and Jesmond12 like this.
  10. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I enjoy getting home for a cuddle with my dogs. I like having time to do some exercise - exercise bike, a dog walk, rowing or line dancing. I end up in bed early to allow reading time.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  11. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

Leaving work! (I have had the Monday from hell today!)

guinnesspuss likes this.
  12. cosmosinfrance

cosmosinfrance Star commenter

At the moment it is a kir sitting in the sunshine, a hot shower after a day in the garden, an early night, a good book and, with luck, a good night's sleep.

13. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

When I was working I'd often get home, jump straight onto my bike and do a 14 mile circuit along a favourite rural bike track. Apart from being useful exercise it helped to draw a line under whatever the day had chucked at me and set me up for the evening.

Now I'm semi-retired there's no specific end of day thing that I look forward to. My day fizzles out around 10pm when I can't concentrate on any of my various projects any more (I don't watch much evening TV) and I head up wood hill to sleepy hollow for some quiet reading and sleepy time. It's mornings and wake up time that I more look forward to.

14. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Me too - I really enjoy my evening cycle

15. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

16. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

A beer -after cycling home from school (3 miles up and down hills) - am trying to get fit :eek:.... then, the toddler comes home and we hang out together; Mr SK comes home and we all just relax....:D

17. josienig

josienig Senior commenter

For the past 10 days or so I've looked forward to catching the sunset..I don't know what I'll do when the weather changes!

18. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

That takes me back, Eureka. I haven't heard that song on yonks. I thought that version was a little awkward to settle into, preferring as I do, the more familiar Platters one, which flows more smoothly and was very much styled styled on the Ink Spots earlier, 1939 version.

Thanks for the memory.

19. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

An evening to veg in front of the tele. After all the years of working most evenings, the choice to do nothing is still lovely.

lexus300 likes this.
  20. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Reading my kindle in bed because when you nod off and drop it you don't lose your page.