1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do you eat for lunch?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by StarbucksCovfefe, Jul 8, 2018.

1. StarbucksCovfefe

StarbucksCovfefe Occasional commenter

I'm currently doing the lazy "meal deal" option every day, but when I had another job I didn't eat any bread and felt much better. I just haven't got my head around being organised enough to have an alternative.

If I remember my old teaching job, in the winter I brought a soup in, and in the summer I made a salad at home.

What do you eat whilst at school?

2. BigHeaded

BigHeaded New commenter

I take a bite out of a Quest Bar every so often and drink a lot of water. It keeps me full and energized. They taste pretty bad but it is a very healthy alternative.

3. shd132

shd132 New commenter

A wrap filled with tuna mayo, cheese or such followed by a banana and a pear. I need to start exploring different options but that involves some research/thinking!

4. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

Usually salad with a variety of accompaniments: tuna, chicken, cottage cheese, eggs - - and add a small piece of bread and butter. I follow this with a piece of fruit. This is an easy meal which, if you are away from home, can easily be packed into a plastic container..

StarbucksCovfefe likes this.
  5. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

PS: Not all the accompaniments on the same day, ha ha A different one each day. Ah well, you will have worked this out.

6. Ezzie

Ezzie Occasional commenter

Completely with you on the bread. I always feel uncomfortably stuffed after eating it. I usually have rice cakes (Asda bbq ones are surprisingly edible) with marmite and cream or cottage cheese. I’ve lost quite a bit of weight giving up some foods, one of which is bread. Making your own soup is really easy if you’ve got a blender and I make enough for the whole week on Sundays. Lots cheaper than meal deals as well!

7. captain scarlet

captain scarlet Established commenter

Always 6 rounds of bread, wholemeal or some times a little fancier, todays was seed sensation.
    Various fillings, today was 2 lots of Quorn roast, left over from last night. and 1 round of cheese and onion,
    [a whole onion of course], (I warned the pupils, be good or I breathe on you)
    Quite often it is tuna anchovie and olive sandwiches.

All made night previous, each individual cling film wrapped. Cor blimey, an absolute feast

8. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Star commenter

Leftovers from last night's dinner, in the main. Sometimes couscous salad, made with whatever is hanging around in the fridge.

9. lrw22

lrw22 Established commenter

Like others on here, usually salad with eggs, chicken, tuna, cheese or salmon. Sometimes I make a pasta salad and sometimes I take leftovers from the night before. Occasionally, I take or buy a sandwich and very occasionally I have a school dinner.

10. andersonkevin19

andersonkevin19 New commenter

11. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Lots of salad with either egg, cheese, quorn, mixed beans or falafel. Wish I liked cottage cheese, but something about the look of it puts me off. Occasionally leftovers from the night before and, very occasionally, a veggie school dinner. Alsp fruit and sometimes yoghurt. Once a week, someone does a Subway run and I have a very delicious Subway veggie salad.

12. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

Just a mention ... for anyone who feels yuk after eating bread, just be aware of how you feel after eating other high- gluten foods, cake, biscuits, pastry etc..

Two of my daughters were diagnosed with coeliac disease fairly recently and both have said that they used to feel awful after lunch, which was invariably bread-based.

Not trying to panic anyone, or push an unecessary gluten free diet, but coeliac disease is serious if undetected.

Apologies for butting in!