1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do you do with your brows?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Mainly girls I guess, but who knows

I do nothing with my brows apart from pluck out the nasty solid grey ones

But this threading seems a popular choice at the moment but I watched a woman have hers done whilst I was getting my nails done and it looked soooooooooo painful

2. I do nothing. I plucked them at about the age of 14 and they didn't grow back - until this pregnancy! So I had the stragglers plucked back in November, and they've not grown back!

3. Threading doesn't hurt when it's done properly :)
    I've had them threaded and waxed beforem but now just keep the basic shape myself.

4. Threading doesn't hurt when it's done properly :)
    I've had them threaded and waxed before but now just keep the basic shape myself.

5. That shape being?

Mine have a shape ... they follow my brow line ... do you go "high" at the outsides or something else

6. Hmmm, leave the inner bit normal, and pluck the outside to a point? It's quite hard to describe! They can be a bit wild unless I do that - just tidying them up really. When I had them waxed they were really thin and looked daft!

7. The shape of your brows should follow the shape of your brow bone.
    I always have mine waxed. So many people pluck their own and pluck them into the wrong shape (myself included when I was younger!) which can look very wrong!

8. It makes me wince when I see 'apostrophe' brows. Such a bad look.

9. I just pluck around my eyebrows. Keep the natural shape of them, but make them 'defined' by getting rid of the renegade, secondary hairs around the outside.

10. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Lead commenter

Apart from the odd straggler I leave mine alone. I'd far rather they kept the sweat out of my eyes than followed some fashion as to what the 'right' shape is. A natural shape is the shape they grow in! Plucked eyebrows always look just that. They never look 'natural'.

11. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i have mine threaded. you get a much better shape than with waxing or plucking. plus my skin round eyes doesn't take well to waxing.

12. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

My partner does it too - I don't like it on a man [​IMG]

13. marmot.morveux

marmot.morveux New commenter

Correction - I dislike it when it looks overdone.

14. I pluck mine myself, I shape them as best I can but I don't think it looks weird or unnatural. I just do it to keep them looking tidy, don't really go for any specific style if that makes sense. There's nothing wrong with managing your eye brows it's all down to whether the individual feels comfortable or not. I know that if my eyebrows were especially 'bushy' I would be more inclined to tend to them a bit more but that's just me.

15. I havei mine shaped in the manner of two horizontal carrots, pointing towards each other. The shaping doesn't hurt too much, but the colouring of the green leaves can be problematic.

16. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I tend to leave my eyebrows alone.
    Occasionally, when the two brows threaten to merge back into just the one, I'll grab the tweezers.
    On the whole they have a decent shape on their own without plucking, waxing or threading.

17. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

I furrow my brows

18. I have to get mine threaded every couple of weeks otherwise I look like the wild man of Borneo! Much better shape and less painful than waxing.

19. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

I knit mine when I try to understand the insane things the XX types do to their faces.

20. That's what I thought when I read the thread title! I've furrowed mine so much that I've actually got permanent furrows between my brows[​IMG].
    I don't pluck or anything like that. I plucked all of my eyebrows out when I was 15 in homage to Mick Karn of Japan and they never grew back very thickly. It was a dumb idea but I lacked foresight in those days!