1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do you do to cope with pressure and stress?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Bailey219, May 8, 2013.

1. Just looking for advice for coping in high pressure situations, both during the actual event, (e.g driving test, Ofsted Inspection!) and during life before and after the event.
    I go to pieces and always have done, ever since being a child at school doing my GSCEs. I can't sleep before, my brain goes haywire during and after I feel wretched and humiliated.
    Is it just me? How do other people cope with things?
    All ideas and advice gratefully received. Thanks for listening.

2. 1. Gratefully.
    2. Drink. Not recommended.

3. A nice long run, yoga, meditation, something creative....anything that takes me out of my work mindset.

Oh, and there's always a lovely hot bath. Plath was right about that one - there really is nothing that can't be made better with a hot bath :)

Also, try to detach yourself from the outcome. Yes, these things are important an you wouldn't be a great teacher if you didn't care but no one will die if something goes wrong; your health is infinitely more important.

Xx