1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do you do/have in your classroom that helps save time/stay organised/work really well?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by NewJob2010, Aug 31, 2011.

1. NewJob2010

NewJob2010 New commenter

Well, the title says it all really.
    In my class the children put their open books into one of 3 trays (red/amber/green - in relation to how well they believe they have achieved their LO or SC) these trays are right next ti my desk so that I can sit down and mark them. They also have stickers on them (in relation to what group they are in) so are easy to give back out the next time they are required.

I'd love to get other ideas from other people - want to be as organised as possible this year!!

Thanks

2. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

3. NewJob2010

NewJob2010 New commenter

Thanks LardyLegs!! xx

Anyone else got any tips....not timesaving tips but things that you have that work really well in your room. Im in Y6 and I have:
    • the AfL trays explained above (they also colour next to WALT so that can track back too)
    • An AfL display with marking policy, AfL questions, 2 stars and a wish sheets (that they can get, mark each others or their own work and stick in book) and the traffic lights explained
    • A sheet for discussion based lessons (that has space to record 3 children from each ability groups comments before and after lesson - to show progress and then a list to record who has worked above, below or at extpected progress in that lesson)
    • Literacy challenge cards on spelling, adverbs, adjectives, openers, connectives etc
    • Numeracy challenge cards (based on the what i can do in maths level... - organised into subjects with various levels on each card)
    Does anyone have any others they would be happy to share?
    Thanks,
    NJ x