1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do you all do with the copies of your KS3 Assessments?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by NowaMrs, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Students keep them? You keep them? Take the data then throw them away?

Any thoughts?

Basically the background is I'm new to a dept who doesn't retain them whereas I'm used to filing them and keeping them (until the end of KS3!).....So I am open to all suggestions!
    Thanks!

2. Students keep them? You keep them? Take the data then throw them away?

Any thoughts?

Basically the background is I'm new to a dept who doesn't retain them whereas I'm used to filing them and keeping them (until the end of KS3!).....So I am open to all suggestions!
    Thanks!

3. Random175

Random175 New commenter

We keep them until the end of KS3 and often don't get around to throwing them until year 11!
    Keeping them for Ofsted is useful, as we are supposed to demonstrate progress. We do the FCSE so we have to keep them in the pupil's own file until the end of year 9 anyway.

4. Yeah I like keeping them, but not for "keeping them's sake" for Ofsted, because they'll want to see you do more with them instead of just filing them away.....I'm used to using them for information on target-setting and student self-review etc but my colleagues in my new dept might need a bit of convincing....... [​IMG]

5. Random175

Random175 New commenter

It isn't just for the sake of it. Of course we use them for target setting but we can also use them for SOW review - although we tend to use the data first for that.