1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What do the letters APP stand for?

Discussion in 'Science' started by AshgarMary, Dec 23, 2011.

1. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

I can see lots of topics and resources around the place on APP for AFL and I know AFL is "Assessment for Learning" but after numerous attempts, I've looked at lists of objectives and levels and criteria 'til I'm blue in the face, hoping to put some meaningful words to the initials with no joy. Nowhere can I actually see what the letters APP actually stand for?

Anyone help me out here?

2. moose2

moose2 New commenter

Assessing pupils progress LOL

3. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

Isn't that what we used to call marking and writing reports ;)

Good thing I'm doing this teaching returners course next year, isn't it! Hope they dish out an acronym dictionary.

If there's a jargon directory anywhere here abouts, a link would be appreciated!

4. wire247

wire247 New commenter

There's this website called google that's good for questions like this. Go to www.google.co.uk, and type 'what does APP mean in education'
    You'll get the answer, it means;
    Absolutely Pointless Procedure

5. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

Well funnily enough, I did try Google, and funnily enough... it didn't give me an answer!

It did give me a list of 133 possible interpretations of the acronym APP though :

http://www.all-acronyms.com/APP

I rather think I like "Arctic Pilot Project" :D

6. Orion

Orion New commenter

Why not ask the KS3 Coordinator in your department, they should know and it is their job to know! :)

7. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

I'm not in a department at the moment, I'm doing a returner's course in the New Year, trying to be a girly swot and get some things covered before I start.

8. Just put CR in front and lose the last P - then you have it!

9. blazer

blazer Star commenter

You may be lucky and end up in a school like mine that doesn't do it!

10. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

APP is on the way out if indeed it hasn't already left the building.

11. EVNSHITR is no doubt replacing it if that is possible

12. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Ugh....I've got 2 lots of APP to check are finished and then mark when i get back week.....plus a 3rd one that needs to be marked :(