1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what do reception teachers want from nursery ?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by imogeonjames, Jun 2, 2011.

1. what do primary teachers want to know about the nursery children they will get in september on there early years summative assesment reports? and do they actually get read or are they a pain?
    and what would be ideal as to what you want the child to be able to do before they start?

2. what do primary teachers want to know about the nursery children they will get in september on there early years summative assesment reports? and do they actually get read or are they a pain?
    and what would be ideal as to what you want the child to be able to do before they start?

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

keep it succinct and accurate
    go to the loo and wipe their bum without an adult
    hang up their own coat and remember which is theirs
    take turns
    eat with a knife and fork not a spoon or finger
    listen for a few minutes
    talk in short sentences
    follow simple instructions

4. thank you i have cross posted in this and the early years forum to get the most responces while i write mine
    i just want to ensure the reports i send will be useful and will ensure that a few of the children dont get left behind and a few get pushed more as they tend to be lazy but are very bright

5. Sorry to be pedantic but capital letters and full stops usually go down well with primary schools.